Daily Activities & Experiences
York Bird of Prey Centre is open from 10:30am to 5pm each day except for Tuesday.
A typical daily schedule is as follows;
- Bird Handling: 11am
- Flying Displays: 11:30am, 1:30pm & Young birds training at 3:30pm
- Eagle Handling: After the 11:30 & 1:30 shows
Please note that the timings for the flying displays can vary due to weather conditions and bird welfare.
These are available throughout the year and can be purchased as a gift voucher for that special certain somebody!
Contact us for more details.
Please note that all prices for experience packages include, by default, entry to the Centre itself. We are unable to offer refunds, and all experiences must be booked in advance with the Centre.
Available Experience Packages (Group of up to 6 people for the standard experiences)
- Hawk Walks - £30 or 1-1 £45 (Duration approximately 1.5 hours)
At 11/2 hours this is one of our shorter experiences which consists of a walk in and around the grounds and woods of Burn Hall, you will fly the hawk yourself handle and take photographs with the bird this is a very hands on experience. We offer the Hawk Walk every day but Tuesdays and the time slots are 11am, 1.30am or 3.30pm, you are welcome to join us from opening at 10.30am if you wish.
- Owl Experiences - £45 or 1-1 £65 (Half Day)
Spend some time with a variety of Owls, from the very small to the not-so-very small. You will be introduced to and learn about each Owl at the centre and have lots of opportunities to handle and fly them yourself.
- Falconry Experiences
We offer a variety of courses, so whether you desire to know more about the Falconers art or are considering obtaining your own bird, we can tailor a course to meet your requirements. Each course covers the various aspects of looking after one of these magnificent creatures - warts and all! Plus you will have the opportunity to fly Owls, Hawks and possibly a Falcon too! Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
The courses available are (please note some courses may not be suitable for children so please get in countact and ask prior to booking);
- Adult Full-Day - £80 or 1-1 £120 Buy now...
- Adult Half-Day - £50 or 1-1 £75 Buy now...
- Group/Family Course - Prices on Request
- Eagle Experiences- £200 (Half Day) Buy now...
with our eagles including the British Golden eagle having the chance to handle gain knowledge and experience with these stunning creatures. The experience also includes a hot drink and a sandwich at lunchtime some of the species you are likely to meet are, Golden Eagle, Chilean blue eagle, Steppe Eagle, an eagle owl, and a African hawk eagle to name just a few, we also incorporate other species of birds of prey on this experience so we can demonstrate the difference between hawks and eagles (a short hawk walk can be included in this experience if desired) . The time slots are 10.30am am or 1.30pm, you are welcome to join us from opening at 10.30am if you wish
- Owl Experience &Hawk Walk- £55 or 1-1 £80 (Half Day) Buy now...
Handle, fly and learn about these magnificant powerful creatures.
- Photography Days
- Individual Day (£99): Spend a full day with our trained staff who will fly several birds so you can snap away. Includes lunch & drinks available throughout the day) Buy now...
- Group Day (£40 per photographer - min 8): Do you have a group of like minded photographers? Why not come and spend the day with us. Please call office to book